Friday, May 28, 2010

hope & receipt

You can't deny that present actions affect future possibilities. We work toward today, in hope of that His promises make of tomorrow the end of wait, and pain, and tears, and death.
Hope, in real things to come - just as He said.

That's why we can ask now for just those things He's promised - living out hope in our asking, in our want of Him and His promises in fullness.

Isaiah 60 speaks of Israel in communion with Yahweh, foreshadowing the culmination that came in Christ Jesus,
"to beautify the place of my sanctuary, and I will make the place of my feet glorious." (v 13b)

"you shall know that I, the Lord, am your Saviour and your Redeemer, the Mighty
One, of Jacob". (16b)

"I will make your overseers peace and your taskmasters righteousness." (v 17 b)

"You shall call your walls Salvation, and your gates Praise" (v 18b)

"Your people shall all be righteous; they shall possess the land forever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I might be glorified." (v 21)

We are a people meant for unimaginable inheritance.

I want, with a desire that I've not known before, to be ready.

A child of inheritance - having received, receiving and waiting to receive.

Instead of ignoring it, thinking it's something way off for the far less jaded, like I have been. Instead of romanticizing about it, that the Spirit will so daintily place it in my lap without effort on my part. Instead of being disillusioned by past pains and unfulfilled aims, where the promise has seemed impotent.

I am thankful for:


  • 'the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace'.
  • Enjoying: together, & purged closets.
  • Impromptu concerts in a park.
  • Hope in Christ's promise.

No comments: