Monday, May 17, 2010

a joy and crown.

My friendship with L is a gift.

She was the first of kindred spirits found here in Ottawa.


L and I hike together, sweat together, crawl through caves together, dress up and go for dinner together.


L and I chat about life, food, good hiking socks, trees, men, grad school, fish, haircuts, photography and our first Love.


I am so thankful to the Lord to know her and for the plans He has for her as she leaves Ontario for Saskatchewan. He makes us ready.


Today, we traipzed aroud 15 km of gorgeous hiking trail in the warm sun, and enjoyed each other's company another time - in the knowledge of tomorrow, yet enjoying today in its fullness. I'm thankful for that.

Therefore, my brothers, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown,
stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved. Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4: 1, 4-7


No comments: