Life in the past few days has been like, the sigh after hard work.
I don't want to make an idol of Rest - in fact, don't want to think that I should need or enjoy more the specific things I write here, more than I need Him.
Alternatively, I do not want to shirk the gift of enjoying break. God holds the balance.
It has been so good - I have gotten a little more sleep! A few days of living in what has accumulated - acknowledging it and giving Him thanks for it.
Two days have been full of gift:
- thankful for my twenty-three years, no more, no less.
- thankful for the conviction of sin and of mercy.
- thankful for time to be attentive to 'fearfully and wonderfully made'.
- thankful for storage room reminders to care for my soul as I work with those who suffer.
- thankful for old friends, chatting late into the night with ice cream and tea.
- thankful for enjoying crosswords, vintage hats and music - together, because.
- thankful for sisters praying on the summer grass, and working out His beauty and salvation in their steps.
- thankful to be humbled to listen - to let His words resonate anew, to hear them as if for the first time.
- thankful to be humbled to speak, and to speak like a child. His child.
May "the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit."
~ Philippians 4:23