Thursday, May 06, 2010

[sleep]

It’s nearly eleven thirty at night, and I have been awake since six with about 4 hours of sleep last night. Sleep. Sometimes, it doesn’t come so easily. I want the day to not end: I just get so excited with what went on in the day that I have difficulty sometimes settling down – quieting my mind and allowing myself rest. Or sometimes, sleep escapes me as I try to make plans for the all 'nexts' and 'to do's' of life. On the same token, sleep is priceless – regenerative. Grad studies, shift work = sleep deprivation (and if you're me, fondness of coffee).
If there is one thing I've learned in sleep deprivation, it is the effect it has on my perspective, mood and cognition. How vital it is for us, how beautifully fashioned, and frankly, how enjoyable when you get down to it :)


Tonight, I am thankful that in a few minutes, after a lazy cup of chamomile tea, I will be tucked into my wee bed - my thoughts and hopes for tomorrow resting in the Hands of the One who creates tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So precious!! What a lovely picture. :)